This session will take place between 1-4pm on the 8th June 2016 at Bishop Challoner Catholic College, Institute Road, Birmingham, B14 7EG.
This half day session will include:
1. Introduction to mastery:
• Definition / key characteristics of a mastery approach to teaching of maths
• The relationship between Shanghai and Singapore maths teaching
• Explanation of variation theory and how to implement it
• Explanation of the concrete pictorial abstract (CPA) approach
• Practical activities for delegates
2 .Implementing a mastery approach to the teaching of primary maths, to include:
• Changing your approach to the teaching of maths
• Suggestions on changes to planning, timetabling, classroom organisation
• Practical guidance on teaching for mastery
3. Anatomy of a lesson
• Using a lesson from The Shanghai Maths practice books and demonstrating how it can be used as part of a mastery approach to teaching
The afternoon seminars will run from 1pm to 4pm.
The sessions are suitable for primary teachers, maths subject leaders, and heads of KS1 and KS2.
No current reviews
No free resources available.