Collins OCR Gateway GCSE (9-1) Science will develop and embed the skills your students need to succeed in all three assessment objectives, while providing a clear and supportive route through the new, more challenging GCSE content.
Collins OCR Gateway GCSE (9-1) Biology Student Book has been endorsed by OCR.
Written by a team of expert authors for the 2016 OCR specification, this book covers the whole of the new GCSE Biology course. It combines clear and comprehensive explanations with a wealth of practice opportunities, and builds the skills that students will need to succeed.
• Track students’ progress in the new linear GCSE course through a brand new, innovative assessment framework. Teaching is organised into four semesters that function as checkpoints.
• Each spread starts with language and ideas at a lower level and increases in complexity, engaging students of all ability levels
• Key concept spreads highlight concepts that students must grasp before they can move on
• Stipulated practicals spreads in each chapter build and test students’ development of the appropriate skills (e.g. analysing, evaluating and applying to different contexts)
• Maths skills are embedded throughout the book and tested at the appropriate level
• Real-life contexts and applications are included to show the students the relevance of the concepts they are studying
• Prepare students for the demands of the new specification with differentiated questions, worked examples and lots of opportunities to practice
• Co-teach both Foundation and Higher tier with a single book (the Higher-only content is clearly flagged)
No current reviews
No free resources available.