Get Ready for IELTS is the perfect course for students who are preparing to take the Academic version of the IELTS exam. It has been specially designed to help lower-level students to ‘get ready’ for an IELTS preparation course.
Get Ready for IELTS provides a firm foundation for lower-level students who are starting out in their IELTS preparation and are working within a band score of 3.5-4.5. The information, advice and practice material will enable students to improve their score and develop the key skills and strategies they need for success in IELTS.
• Twelve units of carefully graded material to help lower level students improve their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
• Key grammar and vocabulary in every unit builds language skills and improves accuracy
• Exam tips and Exam information boxes fully prepare students for what to expect in each part of the exam
• IELTS-style practice questions enable students to approach the exam with confidence
• Motivating topics and tasks help develop critical thinking skills
• Grammar reference section provides clear explanations and examples of key language in use
• Students prepare for class by doing language development exercises online or in their workbooks, and consolidate what they have learnt with additional practice material
• IELTS practice test to help students prepare for the exam
• MP3 CD with audio material for the Listening and Speaking sections of the Student’s Book and Workbook
The Student’s Book can be used together with Get Ready for IELTS Online:
• Grammar and vocabulary-building exercises
• Access to the COBUILD dictionary online
Also available as part of the Collins Get Ready for IELTS course:
Get Ready for IELTS Workbook
Get Ready for IELTS Teacher’s Guide
Get Ready for IELTS Online
‘This new exam preparation course takes a ‘flipped’ learning approach, which means students receive language input before their face-to-face class. This pre-class preparation can be done online or using the excellent 112-page workbook. Class time is then spent developing language skills and exam strategies. The teacher’s book is essential, providing spot checks to clarify students’ understanding of language points, and extension activities. Each of the twelve units finishes with exam practice tasks, which can be done for homework. The book is full of useful exam tips.’
Book of the month, EL Gazette, April 2016, p. 19
No free resources available.