All the English skills in the 2014 National Curriculum for Year 4 are gathered into one coherent sequence, which you can use as a complete plan for your whole year’s literacy lessons, or as a flexible starting point. This Teacher’s Guide provides progression for your pupils, and supports you in delivering a more demanding skills-based curriculum.
Treasure House Teacher’s Guides are underpinned by five core principles to ensure that all children learn to enjoy and excel in English.
• Wonder and joy for curious young minds’ describes the carefully mapped journeys from immersion in high quality texts through to independent creation.
• Reading is a critical academic and life skill for children to develop, so is at the heart of every Treasure House learning journey.
• Great teaching requires effective assessment for learning; this is why flexibility is built into the foundations of Treasure House.
• Treasure House learning utilises a high ceiling, low threshold’ approach to differentiation, enabling access and success for all.
• Teachers are intelligent decision-makers: Treasure House encourages professional judgement in the crafting of inspirational English lessons.
No current reviews
No free resources available.