This new edition, a joint collaboration between Collins and Le Robert, has been revised and updated with hundreds of new words, phrases and senses. The supplements on communication, education systems and famous people of the French- and English-speaking worlds make this the perfect dictionary for use at college, home or work.
Designed for students and professionals using French in the course of their work. Lexicographers draw on Collins' unique multi-million word databases of French and English to ensure that the user has the most complete and accurate picture of real language available today.
• Updated with hundreds of new words and phrases from a wide range of fields, including technology, media and the environment.
• Contains in-depth treatment of complex words such as do, make, avoir, faire, aller.
• Practical tips on spoken and written French, including spelling pitfalls, make this the ideal dictionary for intermediate and advanced learners.
• Colour layout with virtual thumb tabs makes it easy to find the words you are looking for quickly and efficiently.
• Supplement gives encyclopaedia-style information on famous historical people from the French-speaking world, with a timeline, giving you the background information you need to understand French culture.
• A real-world communication supplement, with material on internet banking, social networking and mobile phones.
• Information detailing primary, secondary and higher education systems in French- and English-speaking countries.
Some of the other titles available in the Collins French range are Collins Robert French Dictionary: Complete and Unabridged, Collins French Dictionary: Pocket edition and Collins French Dictionary and Grammar giving language users all the help they need.
No current reviews
No free resources available.