This Student Book has been approved by AQA.
Teach AQA’s GCSEs in English Literature and English Language as one coherent course with Student Books that help students to build and apply the skills that underpin both qualifications.
• Offer your students the right level of challenge. The Core Student Book provides an excellent foundation in the skills and knowledge required for both courses.
• Help all students make good progress. Each chapter follows the hierarchy of skills and knowledge in the mark schemes, so students have a clear sequence of learning. End-of-chapter Apply your skills’ practice tasks, annotated answers and self-assessment guidance helps students understand how to improve their work.
• Get to grips with the new specifications with expert suggestions from leading professionals as to how you could plan and teach the course. Our practical, ready-made resources can be used in your first years of teaching the specifications, and edited and adapted to your
• Save time updating your English Language resources with our comprehensive selection of passages from nineteenth- to twenty-first century literature and literary non-fiction, perfect for building students’ confidence in tackling unseen texts.
• Engage all learners with a rich and exciting approach to English Literature that takes students step-by-step through the fundamentals of how to analyse, interpret and write
critically about literature to provide a starting point for your own in-depth exploration of your chosen set texts.
I think teaching the skills for the two GCSEs together is effective as a lot of the same skills and ideas are addressed, with arbitrary distinctions drawn for the sake of exams. However, assessing the different strands separately is vital. The structure of this book will allow for that, as there are clearly labelled different tasks to practise Language and Literature.
Lucy Bircenough, The Hampstead School, London
No free resources available.