Covering AS and A-level Year 1 for the 2015 AQA specification, this Student Book combines the most comprehensive explanation with features that build skills in practical work, maths and evaluation. With a clear path of progress, it prepares students for the demands of A-level and beyond.
Written by our expert authors for the 2015 AQA specification, this Student Book covers AS and A-level Year 1. It combines the most comprehensive explanations with features that build skills in practical work, maths and evaluation. With a clear path of progression, it will prepare you for the demands of A-level and beyond.
This Student Book will:
• prepare you for assessment with key ideas summaries and practice questions designed for the linear course
• build your confidence in tackling the mathematical requirement with worked examples, targeted assignments and a dedicated Maths Skills chapter
• strengthen your practical skills with comprehensive Required Practical sections featuring step-by-step instructions, and advice about how best to avoid common errors
• deepen your understanding of biology and equip you for further study using comprehensive explanations, skills-focused assignments and inspiring real-life contexts
• extend your knowledge and skills with specially designed Stretch and Challenge questions.
Reviews of previous edition:
“I found this book to be really helpful. It starts each topic with interesting,real life situations and explains the work clearly. Good diagrams and photos too. The key facts summaries are really useful and the questions (with answers at the back!) check that you understand.”
“I think this book is great. Being an A2 Biology student I have found the book to be the most helpful and very informative. It has all the relevant information and the sections are clear and it is very easy to find things as it is well set out. The pictures are clear with diagrams well labelled. The book is very colourful so makes you choose that one. The most important part for me is the key points after sections which is most helpful along with the questions throughout. Overall the book is very easy to understand, colourful and a great help.”
Free resources for this title: