Build the science, maths and quality of written communication skills you need to succeed at A Level Biology for all the main exam boards. This book explains over 40 key skills in detail and is packed with questions as well as answers, hints and tips to help develop a thorough understanding.
Written by Mike Boyle, Head of Biology at Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College, this book explains over 40 essential skills necessary for A Level Biology in detail. Ideal for class or independent study, the book has been carefully compiled to cover the main exam boards’ How Science Works, maths and quality of written communication (QWC) requirements ensuring complete coverage of all the key skills.
The book includes:
• Over 40 essential skills necessary for A Level Biology
• Comprehensive coverage of 25 maths skills explanations including correlations, the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and statistics such as the chi-squared test, the t-test and the Spearman Rank test
• Activities and questions that get learners to apply their knowledge in new contexts
• Assessing Investigative Skills activities that practise the skills needed in practical assessments such as the ISA or EMPA
• QWC Worked Examples that explain how to improve the quality of written communication
• Answers with helpful hints and tips, as well as fully worked out approaches to help students check their understanding and progress
• A glossary that explains key terms used in the book
No current reviews
No free resources available.