Develop key writing skills and become more confident when writing in English.
If you want to get better at writing in English you need to practise writing different kinds of texts. Collins Writing (A2) presents 20 styles of writing for everyday situations, to help you choose the right style of writing and the right words and phrases.
Improve your writing for:
• text messages • postcards • making plans • invitations • advertisements • job applications • social networking sites e.g. Facebook and Twitter •
Collins Writing (A2) is part of the English for Life series. It is suitable for self-study and classroom use, and can help towards Cambridge ESOL KET exam preparation. Suitable for pre-intermediate learners of English (CEF level A2).
• Twenty units with a clear design in full colour
• Authentic and adapted texts in a wide variety of styles
• Appendices contain detailed advice targeting specific writing skills, such as sentence structure and punctuation
• Mini-dictionary with definitions of the most difficult words in each unit, taken from the Collins COBUILD dictionary
• Answer key
The English for Life series uses authentic material from the Collins Corpus. The 4.5-billion-word Collins Corpus is the world’s largest database of the English language and is updated every month.
Also available in the Collins English for Life series:
For Pre-Intermediate (A2) learners:
Reading • Listening • Speaking
For Intermediate (B1) learners:
Reading • Writing • Listening • Speaking
About the Collins English for Life (B1+) series:
‘… superb, attractively packaged series … excellent support for candidates preparing for the Cambridge FCE and higher … work on the topics, skills and current needs of the language learner …’
Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, August 2012
Free resources for this title: