Familiarise students with the probability required in Statistics A Level in this unit. The chapters cover: probability, expectation, probability distribution and an appendix.
The language of chance; The probability scale
Probable results; Events and likelihoods
Symmetry and equal likelihood
Relative frequency and empirical probability
Some classical results; Complementary events
The multiplication law; Inclusive events
The addition law; Some ways of counting elements in a sample space
Factorial notation; Evaluating factorials
Distinct sequences; Application of arrangements
Permutations and combinations
Fair games; Simulation
Expected gain; Mean and variance
Mean; Variance; Calculating variance: the general case
6 PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTION
Most likely event mode; Probability distribution
Geometric distribution; Mean
Variance; Modelling the occurrence of a random variable
Applying the geometric distribution
Appendix I Geometric distribution
• Download all the answers to the Statistics Topics once all answers are contained in the Statistics Answers PDF
• Build confidence through hundreds of questions at the right level.
• Ensure students are fully prepared for their exams with extensive practice exercises, worked examples and full A-level examination questions.
• Promote understanding through consolidation exercises at the end of each topic.
• Challenge and broaden your students’ minds with new interpretations of traditional topics in Statistics.
No current reviews
No free resources available.