Familiarise students with the notion of bodies required in Mechanics A Level in this unit. The chapters cover: moments, couples and equilibrium, centre of mass, conditions for sliding and toppling, and frameworks.
16 MOMENTS, COUPLES AND EQUILIBRIUM
Moments and equilibrium
17 CENTRE OF MASS
Gravity acting on a body
Systems of particles
Centres of mass for composite bodies
Finding the position of the centre of mass by integration
18 CONDITIONS FOR SLIDING AND TOPPLING
Sliding or toppling
Frameworks around us
Modelling a framework
• Download all the answers to the Mechanics Topics once all answers are contained in the Mechanics Answers PDF
• Build confidence through hundreds of questions at the right level.
• Ensure students are fully prepared for their exams with extensive practice exercises, worked examples and full A-level examination questions.
• Promote understanding through consolidation exercises at the end of each topic.
• Challenge and broaden your students’ minds with new interpretations of traditional topics in Mechanics.
No current reviews
No free resources available.