Familiarise students with the trigonometry needed for Pure Maths A Level in this unit. There are four chapters which cover trigonometry in detail.
8 TRIGONOMETRY 1
Sine, cosine and tangent
Transformation of trigonometric functions
Graphical and calculator solutions
10 TRIGONOMETRY 2
The sine rule
The cosine rule
The area of a triangle 1/2 bc sin A
Trigonometry in three dimensions
15 TRIGONOMETRY 3
Radians: circular measure
Sectors: arc length and sector area
Reciprocal functions: cosec, sec and cot
26 TRIGONOMETRY 5
Compound-angle formulae: sin(A B), cos(A B), tan(A B)
Double angle formulae: sin 2A, cos 2A, tan 2A
Combining waves: a cos x b sin x R sin(x a) or R cos(x a)
• Download all the answers to the Pure Maths Topics once all answers are contained in the Pure Maths Answers PDF
• Build confidence through hundreds of questions at the right level.
• Ensure students are fully prepared for their exams with extensive practice exercises, worked examples and full A-level examination questions.
• Promote understanding through consolidation exercises at the end of each topic.
• Challenge and broaden your students’ minds with new interpretations of traditional topics in Pure Mathematics.
No current reviews
No free resources available.