Familiarise students with some of the calculus needed for Pure Maths A Level in this unit. More calculus is covered in a separate unit entitled Calculus 2. The chapters in Calculus 1 cover: differentiation 1 and 2 and integration 1 and 2.
7 DIFFERENTIATION 1
Gradients and gradient functions
Rates of change
Maximum, minimum, points of inflexion
9 INTEGRATION 1
Areas and area functions
Velocity and distance travelled
The trapezium rule
Integration: the process
Areas and the definite integral
Integration: reversing differentiation
The indefinite integral
18 DIFFERENTIATION 2
Differentiating functions with negative/rational exponents
Differentiating the exponential and logarithmic functions
Tangents and normals to graphs
Use with stationary points and points of inflexion
19 INTEGRATION 2
Integrating functions with negative/rational exponents
Integrating the exponential and logarithmic functions
Volumes of revolution
• Download all the answers to the Pure Maths Topics once all answers are contained in the Pure Maths Answers PDF
• Build confidence through hundreds of questions at the right level.
• Ensure students are fully prepared for their exams with extensive practice exercises, worked examples and full A-level examination questions.
• Promote understanding through consolidation exercises at the end of each topic.
• Challenge and broaden your students’ minds with new interpretations of traditional topics in Pure Mathematics.
No current reviews
No free resources available.