Familiarise students with some of the algebra needed for Pure Maths A Level in this unit. The chapters cover: polynomial functions, sequences and series 1, sequences and series 2: bionomial expansions, and rational functions.
6 POLYNOMIAL FUNCTIONS
Addition, subtraction and multiplication
Factorising and the factor theorem
Polynomial equations and inequalities
11 SEQUENCES AND SERIES 1
Sequences and series
Notation, formulae and definitions
Arithmetic sequences and series
Geometric sequences and series
Sum to infinity of a geometric series
14 SEQUENCES AND SERIES 2: BINOMIAL EXPANSIONS
Binomial expansion of (a b)n
Pascal's triangle, binomial coefficients
Binomial series (1 x)n (1 x)n
For positive integer n
Binomial series for rational indices
23 RATIONAL FUNCTIONS
Rational functions and their graphs
Power series for an algebraic function
Using the binomial expansion
• Download all the answers to the Pure Maths Topics once all answers are contained in the Pure Maths Answers PDF
• Build confidence through hundreds of questions at the right level.
• Ensure students are fully prepared for their exams with extensive practice exercises, worked examples and full A-level examination questions.
• Promote understanding through consolidation exercises at the end of each topic.
• Challenge and broaden your students’ minds with new interpretations of traditional topics in Pure Mathematics.
No current reviews
No free resources available.