Familiarise students with the graphs and equations needed for Pure Maths A Level in this unit. The chapters cover: linear functions, quadratic functions, quadratic equations and inequalities, and numerical solutions of equations.
3 LINEAR FUNCTIONS
Parallel and perpendicular lines
Equation of a straight line
y mx c and ax by c
Fitting lines to data
4 QUADRATIC FUNCTIONS
Parabolae as functions
Expanding and factorising with one and two brackets
Factorising expressions, including ax2 bx c
Transforming quadratic equations
Completing the square
Stationary values, graph sketching, symmetry
5 QUADRATIC EQUATIONS AND INEQUALITIES
Quadratic equations by factors
Quadratic equations: completing the square
21 NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS OF EQUATIONS
Fixed point iteration
• Download all the answers to the Pure Maths Topics once all answers are contained in the Pure Maths Answers PDF
• Build confidence through hundreds of questions at the right level.
• Ensure students are fully prepared for their exams with extensive practice exercises, worked examples and full A-level examination questions.
• Promote understanding through consolidation exercises at the end of each topic.
• Challenge and broaden your students’ minds with new interpretations of traditional topics in Pure Mathematics.
No current reviews
No free resources available.