This clear and engaging book covers the core and most popular units – enabling students to get a Level 3 Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma or Diploma in either the Performance and Excellence or Development and Coaching pathways.
• Teach with confidence with assignments that enable students to produce their portfolios as they work through the activities connected to the book.
• Enable every student to progress with Pass, Merit and Distinction material clearly differentiated and signposted
• Engage students with unit content presented in clear sections using high quality illustrations and photographs that bring the subject to life.
• Help students to succeed with material carefully and concisely matched to the 2010 specification (with no irrelevant sections) written by teachers with hands-on experience of teaching at the right level for BTEC students.
The units in full:
Units covered in full:
1. Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
2. The Physiology of fitness
3. Assessing Risk in Sport
4. Fitness Training and Programming
5. Sports Coaching
6. Sports Development
7. Fitness, Testing for Sports and Exercise
8. Practical Team Sports
9. Practical Individual Sports
11. Sports Nutrition
14. Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
17. Psychology for Sports Performance
18. Sports Injuries
27. Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
28. The Athlete’s Lifestyle
No current reviews
No free resources available.