Help your students make those vital two levels of progress in KS3 English with this new APP focused series from Collins.
Each book concentrates on moving students up one level in Reading, Writing or Speaking and Listening, covering each of the Assessment Focuses in turn.
These brand new books offer student-friendly explanations and activities to build, develop and extend students’ speaking and listening skills, showing them precisely what they need to do to make progress.
Whether you're looking for a one-off lesson, snappy starters or a longer programme of study, these flexible resources are designed to fit around the needs of your teaching and your classes.
Aiming for Level 4 Speaking and Listening will help you to
• Target areas of underperformance, with a chapter on each Assessment Focus and support at the right level written by experienced teachers, consultants and speaking and listening moderators.
• Explain, build and develop the essential speaking and listening skills for this level, with clear, accessible explanations, inspiring examples and lively follow-up activities.
• Motivate and engage students, with exciting stimulus texts and activities, fresh approaches to learning and a colourful, magazine-like layout.
• Embed Assessment for Learning in your day-to-day teaching, with clear learning objectives, criteria for self and peer assessment on every double-page, and end of chapter Level Boosters to help students understand how to progress.
• Gather evidence for your periodic APP assessments, with longer tasks flagged up throughout as APP opportunities.
• Plan ahead without the stress, with ready-to-use double-page lessons and a teacher guide at the back of the book.
• Prepare students for GCSE success with a chapter on the new GCSE topic Spoken Language (AF4 Talking about Talk’).
Plus, get your students ready for Functional Skills! These books will help you build the foundations for success in the new qualification.
No current reviews
No free resources available.