Ensure students are fully prepared for A Level Maths with practice in essential and tricky topics such as algebra. Revisit areas that may not have been studied recently due to modular courses to fill gaps in knowledge and make links. Prepare students for some of the skills required at A Level with a focus on applications of mathematics.
Written by an experienced A Level author who is a practising A Level teacher, Collins Bridging GCSE and A Level Mathematics is an ideal resource to be used in the classroom or for independent study.
Similar in structure to Collins Maths revision guides, the Bridging GCSE and A Level Maths Student Book is split into an explanation section and a practice section.
• Identify and understand the transition from GCSE to AS Level Maths with What you should already know’ objectives and What you will learn’ objectives at the start of each topic
• Get a head start on your AS Level Maths with introductions to key Core 1 Maths topics for all exam boards (AQA, OCR and Edexcel)
• Boost your understanding with worked examples which include extra guidance in the form of Handy hint’, Checkpoint’, AS Alert!’ and Common error’ boxes
• Reinforce and build on your maths to fully prepare you for AS Level with worked examples and plenty of practice questions from B-A at GCSE Level extending to AS Level
• Think and draw on different areas of maths with investigations at the end of some topics
• Check your progress with answers to Maths practice questions at the back of the book
• Test your understanding of the maths you’ve covered with the tear-out practice exam paper
The transition between GCSE and AS/A2 level mathematics is considerable. This essential textbook will help students navigate their way through all the key concepts and applications to enable students to achieve real success in post-16 mathematics.
Head of Mathematics
Frome Community College
Free resources for this title: