The world’s leading French-English, English-French dictionary, revised and updated to cover all the latest vocabulary in both languages. The perfect dictionary for advanced learners and professionals.
This ninth edition of this market-leading dictionary uses Collins’ and Le Robert’s unique multi-million word databases of contemporary English and French to ensure that the user has the most complete and accurate picture of real language available today. The dictionary is ideal for advanced learners and professionals using the French language, including higher education A-level and university students.
• This edition has been revised to include all the latest vocabulary from a wide range of fields, including new additions from the fields of the Internet, the environment and economics.
• New culture boxes explain the origins of phrases from literature, film and popular culture to aid translation and improve your understanding of French popular culture.
• New, clear, colour typeface and alphabet tabs make for easy use, guiding you quickly and efficiently to the information you are looking for.
• Long and complex entries benefit from a clear structure and layout, with key phrases, idioms, pronunciation and set grammatical structures highlighted.
• Acclaimed Language in Use supplement contains hundreds of examples of usage in real-life contexts such as essay writing, email and telephone conversations to help you use French fluently and naturally.
• Over 310,000 references and 500,000 translations with a wide range of basic and specialist vocabulary and phrases
• An essential reference tool for higher education students; recommended by university tutors for French degree reading lists
• Includes detailed colour maps of the English and French-speaking worlds.
Also available in the Collins Robert French Dictionary range is Collins Robert Concise French Dictionary.
No current reviews
No free resources available.