Building on the success of the second edition, this truly accessible textbook comprehensively covers the 2008 AS and A2 level Biology specifications for all the main UK exam boards.The book also has a companion website which is free to book users providing extra resources.
Written by authors with many years’ experience of teaching, examining and writing, this is an ideal resource for class or independent study.
The book includes the following features:
• How Science Works feature boxes focus on this key element of the new specifications.
• Stretch and Challenge boxes challenge more able students, enabling them to achieve the highest grades.
• Science in Context boxes encourage students to relate their learning to the world around them.
• Summaries at the end of every chapter help students with revision.
• Test Yourself questions throughout the text enable students to monitor their own progress in preparation for their exams.
• Remember This boxes highlight the key facts.
The website provides the following additional resources:
• Practice questions (and answers) allow students to test their understanding of the material just covered.
• How Science Works assignments allow students to prepare for the How Science Works element of the new AS and A2 Biology exams.
Reviews of the First Edition:
"The authors have a very good understanding of what many students find difficult and have addressed these issues both in the text and with questions and exercises. …a good active learning text for students."
Science Education Newsletter
"…a fresh and lively approach to biological science…will stretch the most able, as well as support the average, student."
"The text is easy to read and should prove accessible to the most reluctant readers. The authors have overcome the problem of teaching students who are unfamiliar with the basic concepts."
Times Educational Supplement
Free resources for this title: