World War 2 is over and things in Britain are changing. For Philip and his family this means moving out, from the grey, cramped city to wide open spaces. But Gran doesn’t want to leave her home for so many years. What will the family do?
• Diamond/Band 17 books offer more complex, underlying themes to give opportunities for children to understand causes and points of view.
• A pros and cons list of moving to a New Town on pages 54 and 55 help children to analyse the decision making process.
• Text type: A story set in the past
• This book is paired with Hard Times, a non-fiction non-chronological report about growing up in the Victorial age.
• Curriculum links: History: How life in Britain has changed since 1948; Citizenship: Moving on, Choices
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader
No current reviews
No free resources available.