An account of three true life stories of survival, where people have to act quickly against unexpected disasters. Maps and pictures engage us in the drama of a sailor lost at sea, a man ejecting from his plane and a school girl facing a tsunami. Survival tips are given in the unlikely event of the similar situations happening to us.
• Copper/ Band 12 books provide more complex plots and longer chapters that develop reading stamina.
• Text type - Non fiction recount.
• A card index chart on pages 30-31 summarises facts and could act as a model for finding out more true life survival stories.
• Curriculum Links - Citizenship: Developing a healthy, safer lifestyle, to recognising the different risks in different situations and then deciding how to behave responsibly.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader
No current reviews
No free resources available.