Kind Emma lives all alone in her little cottage by the wood, with no one to talk to. But one snowy night Emma hears a knock at her door, and a tiny voice asking for help. When she takes pity on the little thing at the door and gives it shelter and food, she finds that her whole life is changed – and she at last has a friend to talk to.
• Orange/ Band 6 books offer varied text and characters, with action sustained over several pages.
• Text type - A traditional story.
• A pictorial diary on pages 22 and 23 retells the story from Kind Emma’s viewpoint and provides lots of opportunities for speaking and listening activities.
• Curriculum links - Citizenship: Taking part.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
No current reviews
No free resources available.