The brightly coloured photographs in this picture book show common minibeasts that most children will be familiar with. Photographs alongside the minibeasts show children grouped and made up to resemble the insect featured.
• Pink A/Band 1A books offer emergent readers very simple text supported by illustrations.
• Text type - A simple information book.
• Smaller versions of all the photographs are repeated on pages 14 and 15 so children can retell the information in their own words.
• This non-fiction book is paired with a story on the same theme: The Picnic by Monica Hughes.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery
No current reviews
Free resources for this title: