A comprehensive AS and A-level History text on Europe in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries, written by experienced teachers who are also examiners.
Includes historical interpretations, document source questions, explanation of difficult words and concepts and a study skills section for exam preparation.
1) Europe 1870-1991: a synoptic assessment
2) The Consolidation of Russian Conservatism 1855-1894
3) Germany under Bismarck 1871-1890
4) Wilhelmine Germany, 1888-1918
5) The Crisis of Russian Autocracy 1894-1914
6) The Causes and Course of the First World War
7) The Russian Revolution 1917-1924
8) The USSR under Stalin 1924-1941
9) Italy 1870-1943
10) Germany, 1918-1945
11) The Twenty Years Truce: International Relations, 1919-1939
12) The Second World War
13) Europe and the Cold War, 1945-1991
14) The Development of Western Europe, 1945-1991
TES review of the first book in the series (Britain 1815-1918):
Put out more flags
Hard-pressed heads of History with budgets to manage must have been waiting impatiently for years for someone to reinvent the one-volume textbook at a reasonable price. Collins have done it.
Free resources for this title: