A completely revised edition of this popular A level text, which takes into account the recent changes in the world’s industrial sectors.
This book covers:
1. Manufacturing industry
2. Patterns, processes and change
3. Materials, energy and transport
5. Labour and capital
6. External economies and government
8. The organisation of firms
9. Regional disparities and industrial change
10. Manufacturing in the peripheral regions
11. Urban industrial change
12. The physical and social environment
13. Manufacturing and land-use conflict
"'The theme of change … comes alive in the passage of the chapters. Altogether, this book is highly recommended"
"A useful and very lively book which incorporates ideas in a clear way and provides good examples from the modern world of manufacturing"
No free resources available.